allachie9
Grumpy Old Man
Scotland
Rep
Drives: G30 520i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikkonen View Post
Beautiful!

Please take more shots of the exterior if you get a chance...I'm on the fence between this and a new touring.

How's the rear seat space?? I unfortunately have to live w/ two car seats in my car at all times...

Is the turbo four sufficient for the weight? How's the acceleration?

We're spoiled here in the states, as the turbo six is only a few grand more...

Again, beautiful car, and congrats!
Sure, I'll get a few more pics on here as soon as poss.
Rear seat space is very, very generous, I'm sure you'll be impressed.

First impression on the 2 litre, twin turbo, 4 cylinder is very favourable.
I've driven 3 litre, 6 cylinder BMWs for over 15 years, so this is a big change for me. I took one out on a test drive for a day before ordering, and tried it on some of our Scottish Highland roads, and it did all I asked of it. Coupled to the 8 speed Steptronic 'box, it feels very, very smooth.

Acceleration - well with only 75 miles on the clock at the moment, I'm still treating it with a great deal of care and respect. However, I have to say that it does feel very eager to want to go ! I'll give it a wee while and then try it out properly

The only other thing I would add, and I forgot to mention it in my original post. You might notice that I have had mudflaps (stone chip protectors) fitted. Driving on some of our roads up here I had a problem with stone chipping along the sills on my last car and eventually had the mudflaps fitted on that. So I made sure I had these fitted on the 328i from new. Although I paid for the flaps, I asked the dealer to fit them free of charge and they agreed

Last edited by allachie9; 09-03-2013 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0