Alarmin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wassy4 View Post
Don't go Dinan. Go with JB4 or Activ-8.

I'm running Activ-8 on my car and it hits hard. Hits even harder when paired with a downpipe. No issues at all aside from some limp modes during the first few months (DME freaking out cause car couldn't regain traction from low speed WOT). Fix for this is to run sport+ or disable DSC completely. You will also experience harsh shifts primarily from 2nd-3rd but this smooths out over time once the DME adjusts.

You're definitely not stretching the engine by any means. This engine is capable of high 500whp and that's without a flash tune or any other mods besides turbo, intake, dp, meth, tune. I haven't been in a Dinan tuned car but they're overpriced and underpowered. And yes, you 100% feel the difference vs stock with the AA tune. Stock feels very linear and smooth. AA feels exponential yet still smooth.

Just go with the Activ-8 and don't look back. You will not have an issue. Just make sure you can get a 91 tune since the Activ-8 is made for 93. I would say JB4 is a better deal but to me the Activ-8 feels the smoothest and has the least issues.
Thanks for the info, man. How long did it take for the DME to adjust for you?
Appreciate 0