Thread: G20 M340i
View Single Post
      06-12-2017, 01:06 AM   #1
AD7
Rep
Drives: N/A

Hi all,

I would love to know what the exact date of the future G20 M340i's SOP (start of production) is? If not that, then what model year will it be launched as?

I've been looking everywhere online and I've read every forum involving the G20 release. All I've been able to find is two SOP dates, which might show that there is no definite date as of now. People could be just predicting these dates based on BMW's past patterns. Or they might have these dates because one of their friends, who works at BMW, gave away some insider information? Below are the two different G20 SOP dates that I've read about:

1) July of 2018
2) November of 2018 (since the F30's EOP (end of production) is supposedly October of 2018)

Also, I've heard from many that it's being released as a MY2019 model. Is that true? That would make the most sense to me since the F30 has been out for enough years and competition in this market segment is surely heating up. In terms of the 3-series, BMW needs to spice things up as soon as possible (not that the F30 is a bad car. It's an amazing car, but still has room for improvement).

Please let me know what you guys think and whether or not any of the above dates are correct. I would greatly appreciate it! Also, are any of you in the situation of waiting for the G20? If you don't mind, please let me know what your plans are and what else you know! I'd greatly appreciate that as well.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0