View Single Post
      12-18-2023, 11:21 AM   #27
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

This is last Camaro until it's not. They played this game back in 2002 when that was going to be the "last" Camaro ever until they developed the Transformers Bumble bee concept and people lost their minds and then we got the 5th gen.

The 5th gen's problem was super retro styling which people really aren't into anymore, absolutely terrible outward visibility, and a severely overweight chassis for a car of it's size. The later models Camaro are pretty amazing performance machines with the right parts and tires, but damn they are big, heavy, and hell on consumable parts.

I had a 1994 Z28 and that's the car that started my passion for modding and working on cars. It wasn't overly reliable, but it was fast and powerful for its day. I did so much street racing in that thing during my college days in Lawrence, KS. Every weekend we were racing out on vacant old highways. What a blast. Funny to think that my 265hp Cayman would likely run neck and neck with that modded Z28 (intake, exhaust) and my M235 would run away from it.

As a child of the 1980s, I'm drawn to a good condition 3rd gen Camaro. I would love to do a restomod one with a high revving naturally aspirated LS motor, 6MT, IRS swap, suspension, chassis bracing/seam weld, and revamped interior. Something like this but not so much exterior or interior flair, less racecar stuff:

Last edited by XutvJet; 12-18-2023 at 11:34 AM..
Appreciate 3