Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Nico Rosberg determined to rectify form in China

Nico Rosberg determined to rectify form in China

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...ese-grand-prix

Nico Rosberg says a strong finish at the Chinese Grand Prix is vital if he wants to turn his early-season form around.

Despite finishing second and third in Australia and Malaysia, Rosberg has been out-paced by Mercedes team-mate Lewis Hamilton in qualifying and the race on both occasions. In fact, Rosberg has only beaten the world champion on track once - with victory in Brazil - since winning the 2014 German Grand Prix.

In Malaysia Rosberg did not look close to catching Hamilton, while Mercedes' run of victories was finally ended by Ferrari, and the German wants to put things right in Shanghai.

"The last race weekend was not great for me," Rosberg said. "I didn't get my lap together in qualifying, then losing time in the pits made it a tough race to fight back and try to catch Lewis. We've definitely learned some lessons and it's time to take that to the track in China."

Rosberg is hoping to draw on good memories from Shanghai, notably his maiden Formula One triumph three years ago.

"Shanghai is a great circuit for me. It's where I got my first pole and my first win back in 2012 - my third season with the Silver Arrows. It's not been a perfect start to my sixth year with the team and I'm determined to turn that around this weekend. Of course, my team-mate will have other ideas - and so will my compatriot [Sebastian Vettel] in the red car, I'm sure. But this is a track that has always suited me well, so I'm aiming to put in a strong weekend."