Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petegd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 760Lifan View Post
I'd also get the bench. Not being able to fold the second row flat and therefore, giving up lots of utility doesn't sound right on such a vehicle...
I still haven't decided. The one thing to think about is whether you actually would use such massive trunk space to need having the 2nd row fold down flat. For me having the captain chairs seems like ample space.

the bigger issue is that if your car seats are tethered in the 2nd row, you can't really slide it forward to get into the third row and would have to squeeze in between the captain chairs - unless I'm mistaken in which case, please correct me.
I completely agree. While the trunk space is anemic with the 3rd row up, it is plenty big for 99% of daily needs with the 3rd row folded, regardless of whether you have bench or captains chairs. Really the only time you'll need to fold the 2nd row down is if you're carrying construction materials like a full sheet of plywood, or something really oversized like a full sized bicycle without removing a wheel. Even skis or snowboard can be fit between the captains chairs.

Soccer moms taking the kids to practice or music recitals or art classes will have more than enough room every day without having to worry about putting the 2nd row down.
And road trip journal to Denali and the Arctic Circle here in this thread!
Appreciate 0