View Single Post
      03-31-2019, 07:32 AM   #10
OtisX7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X7 50i

There aren't many choices for big three row vehicles, and as a dad with three kids, nothing else makes much sense for me.

I also don't understand all the complaints about the kidney grill. When I first started seeing pics of the X7 as the were released, it was probably the looks of the car that drew me to it first. I wasn't crazy about the X5 we'd owned some years prior, and I was skeptical I'd like the car, but it was the looks that got me interested. Then the more I read about it, the more I thought I needed to check it out. Then I saw some online reviews and knew I wanted one. Saw one on the showroom floor that was absolutely gorgeous, and plunked down the deposit there on the spot, without even driving it. I admit I had some concern the drive would be "harsh," as I recalled our prior X5 being. So it was a bit of a gamble. But holy smokes, it's the smoothest, most refined drive ever; steers and handles like a dream, and the power in the 50i is ridiculous. It's a speeding ticket nightmare. I drive 80 and it feels like 30 in any other car.

In any event, the practicality and looks drew me in; the BMW brand, luxury, and sportiness were selling points for me too.