View Single Post
      05-24-2019, 12:56 PM   #18
FishOuttaWater
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 X7 40i/'20 F-350/21 Jeep

Newbie here, so be gentle. I have a few reasons. I am at the point where it is time to step back from the grind and do more traveling. Besides the fact that my wife hates flying, we love to drive and take our time, not having to adhere to anyone's schedule. Our kids are grown and gone so it's just the two of us plus our dog. I want a really nice car that we can put some miles on and be safe and comfortable. We've had domestic and Toyota SUV's and frankly, they don't do anything for me at this point. We would keep driving the F-350 if we were limited to those. We have looked at the Porsche Cayenne S but it doesn't have a third row. The Audi Q7 was kind of disappointing for the money. The Volvo XC 90 only comes with a 4 cylinder engine, so that's a no-go, and the MB S-450. We liked the MB but the BMW, in our opinion, is so much nicer. I was going to wait on the '20 GLS but after reading some of the comments on the MB forums I don't know if I will or not. Seems like BMW has them covered. I am hopeful this car will be dependable and last us well over 100k miles. One thing I am not used to though is the lack of wiggle room on the price. I am paying cash and I thought there would be a little play there. I've never paid sticker for a vehicle. We are looking to purchase a very well equipped 40I so we will probably have to order it. We don't mind a road trip so if anyone knows a dealer that will give a few points. let me know. Hopefully I can get fully educated here and make the perfect chioce. Thanks.
Appreciate 0