View Single Post
      12-18-2007, 12:48 PM   #1
Chuck I
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 Z4 + '07 ///M Roadster

Tag bracket modification

First, I live in Virginia... a State that requires a front tag. I just installed my new Aero front bumper and could not bring myself to drill holes in it to mount the front tag. I live close to a local police officer and can't get away with running without the front tag... I'm sure others have had this problem... I was sitting in the garage looking at the new front bumper and got this idea... Now, I'm sure this won't appeal to everyone, but it works for me and it keeps from drilling the new bumper (should I decide to sell the front bumper when I get ready to trade the car)... Here's what I did.. I thought, why not mount something in the hole that the tow hook goes in? I had a local machine shop reproduce the thread pattern on an bar that would extend out past the bumper... (see the pics below).. Then I made an adapter to mount to a universal tag mount (actually a Volvo front tag mount).. i worked out just fine... AND, I can remove the tag and mount at any time and have no holes in my bumper... Chuck
Attached Images

Appreciate 0