Thread: X7 vs Model X
View Single Post
      02-16-2020, 06:30 PM   #4
kdesign7
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i

I had a model x for about 6 months before I sold it for the x7. I thought the falcon wing doors wouldn't bother me but they did. Especially if you have kids. I was always worried about my daughter getting hurt. Although I'm sure they are fine. Just my issue.

I have written about many issues I had with the model x. My husband has a model s and he has quite a few with his car. He doesn't care as much as I did, but the cons to the model x very much outweighed the pros for me.

The model x is very fun to drive if you don't use cruise control much. Because every time I used mine it would slow down unexpectedly at least once in a 15 min drive. It doesn't work in the snow or rain. Etc.

It's also doesn't have CarPlay/android which I missed very much. They finally just came out with Bluetooth text messaging, but for at least iPhones, you can't group text.

If you like plush cars that have all the bells and whistles that work. Get the x7. In another three years there will be better options for electric vehicles and I can't wait for that day.

If you do want something electric and don't need the third row, look at the 3. At least you won't be paying 100+k for a battery.

Also, I have an iPhone and don't have issues with my car. This is a huge upgrade for any Tesla.
Appreciate 0