View Single Post
      01-24-2017, 09:43 AM   #76
rad doc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M AW loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
All of you bemoaning the size and lack of nimbleness are invited to drive a GLS, Range Rover, or any of the American XL products. Barges do not begin to describe the bloated feel, lack of feedback or precision. They are horrific to drive with no saving grace from the off road capability IMO, and its galling that RR can charge so much money for such an average interior, hopeless electronics and overall feel of elephant-ness.

The only game in town for three row buses for people like us who value the driving experience are the Q7 and XC90. The Volvo doesn't have a convincing power train as far as I am concerned, but looks amazing inside and out. The Q7 looks like a chiseled fridge outside, but is amazing inside and drives very well.

The X7 will have a real uphill battle to beat the Q7, at least based on initial looks.
I have to disagree on pretty much all of your comments. First, the Rover interior is very nice, much better than any existing bmw suv. Plus, the rover has pretty decent off-road capability . The gl drives nice, especially the amg variant. The q7 is my least favorite of the lot. If you really want and suv that drives well, the Cayenne is the way to go but it doesn't check boxes some need. I definitely am looking forward to the x7.
Appreciate 0