Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5, 2016 M4, 2015 X5 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by masmole View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtisX7 View Post
Stupid question — do you guys bring these up to your local garage each season to swap out the wheels? You load up the winter wheels in back (with some kind of protection so they don't dirty up your interior), drive it up and have them swap? May be necessary for me going forward, but seems like a pain in the butt. May just have to go all seasons to avoid the headache...
I usually just swap them out myself twice a year. Pretty easy as long as you have a decent floor jack and jack stands for safety. Obviously I wouldn't recommend to DIY if all you have is one of those crappy small scissor jacks that come with most cars meant for emergency use only. Also, a cordless impact wrench for lug removal makes the task even easier. Nice thing about DIY is that you can be more diligent about torquing your lugs properly when mounting the wheels with the aid of a proper torque wrench. Most shops including many dealership technicians simply torque the wheels back up with the impact wrench, which in most cases results in over-torquing of the lug bolts.
Same. And agree on torque too. Good floor jack and a cordless impact make it an easy job. You can flush the brakes and change the oil while you're at it!
Appreciate 0