Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: A car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddwalton View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguino View Post
Looks like you are trying to justify a reason why not to upgrade to a car you can't afford.

It's an gigantic car, it handles unbelievable well for its size. It's not supposed to be a full SUV that handles like than M3.
Not sure what you mean by that, I upgraded from a '17 X5 to a '19 X7, I have plenty of money and can afford any vehicle I wish, and was/am fully aware of its handling challenges.

I read a lot of posts comparing the X7 to the new X5 but not a lot of posts comparing the X7 to the prior gen 2014-2018 X5. Logically, there are tens of thousands of X5 owners whose leases are in the process of expiring who are considering an X7 and who will end up in this forum seeking information. So I wanted to clear up the misconception that "the X7 is bigger but still handles like an X5". I had the Air Suspension on my X5 and the Air Suspension on my X7 and the two do not handle similarly at all.

You get the X7 because you want luxury, 7 passenger seating, and comfort. You get the X5 because you want traditional BMW handling. That is my opinion and if it is enlightening to others that is a good thing.
But the X7 is actually traditional BMW handing. It's in a different from now. Just like when the X5 came out in the 90s. "It's not a BMW". Well, it is. Just in SUV form.

The X7 is the same, your expectations were just too high. It does drive like a BMW. Compare that to the LX, GLS, RR, etc and it's a dream to drive.