View Single Post
      01-21-2010, 07:03 AM   #1
JuniorM3
Captain
Ethiopia
Rep
Drives: BMW F13 M6 CP GT3

Talking M3Post Member JuniorM3 Ready for IndyCar Light Series Championship Attack

Team Moore Racing Signs Junior Strous (JuniorM3) for 2010
Pittsboro, IN January 21, 2010 - Team Moore Racing is extremely pleased to announce it has signed Junior Strous to drive its number 2 Xtreme Coil Drilling - Shell car for the 2010 season.
The 23 year-old Dutchman will drive for TMR in his second season in the Firestone Indy Light Series as part of the Shell Driver Development Program.
Name:  JR-TMR.jpg
Views: 3436
Size:  189.5 KB
His first season in Indy Lights included only five starts, but an impressive two wins.
A veteran of the Atlantic Championship, Strous has been a successful driver since his childhood karting days. In fact, Strous has won championships in multiple auto racing disciplines: Sprint, Regular and Endurance Racing, Drifting, and Rally.
His impressive resume includes 177 race starts, 48 wins, 60 podiums, 45 pole positions, and 45 fastest laps.
“It has been an exciting week in Indy,” said Strous. “I was at the Brickyard for my medical test and license meeting. I also attended the team and drivers’ briefing where I met all my Indy friends again. It was a good feeling when I noticed that many people treated me very respectfully and were excited to see me in the Indy Lights series again,” he continued. “We had some good options this year to race for the top teams. After some long meetings with Mark Moore and a friendly visit to the spotless, super professional team’s shop in Pittsboro, I knew this was the team we could win the 2010 Championship with. Together with my management Winners Circle Group, Shell and sponsors like HTP investments Knaus, BK Gas, and local Indy based Global plastic, we have created a perfect business to business situation for all parties,” Strous continued.
Added team co-owner Tom Wood: “Mark Moore and I are really excited about signing Junior Strous to TMR. Junior has shown his ability to win in the Firestone Indy Lights Series and we believe we will have a serious shot at the Championship with him in one of our cars.”
“Tom and I are very proud to have Junior competing for us in the 2010 Championship. I believe he is a rare talent and has great charisma. When you at look the past season, Strous had the highest per race win ratio of any of the drivers.
This is very impressive given the talent level of our series. He is also quite a fine young man and I know we will work well together. This is going to be a great season for us all,” commented Mark Moore.
“Everyone is really excited and I cannot wait to jump in the car and go win races again. We are definitely championship contenders in 2010; TMR will be a big force to be reckoned with this coming season.
With my partners and sponsors we will generate allot of press for the Team and me; not just in North America and Europe but around the world. The news is big in Holland and my fans are really happy,” concluded Strous.
Junior Strous will be back in the US at the end of January for his seat fitting and testing with the team. The race season begins Sunday, March 28th on the Streets of St. Petersburg in Florida.
Name:  2009JSSTPETINDYLIGHTS002 copy.jpg
Views: 3103
Size:  181.0 KB

Last edited by JuniorM3; 01-25-2010 at 04:11 PM..
Appreciate 0