View Single Post
      06-20-2019, 05:38 AM   #50
kdesign7
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i

For CarPlay, music works in the HUD if you are in a playlist. Also, if you are not you can at least see what Is playing and go to the next song. I love that feature. To be able to use any streaming music in my car that easily, I’m going to take it. I had CarPlay in my Jeep and lost it in my Tesla, you miss it when you don’t have it. Not having the interface on your main screen when using your phone for streaming music sucks.

I very much wish Maps worked in the hud for sure, at least on the instrument cluster. I end up sending navigation to BMW most of the time. Now with the calendar app in iOS 13 you can add locations to your calendar events. Bring up calendar and it will give you directions, its so nice. I missed that about my Tesla X.

I know the wheel works to scroll through buttons in CarPlay, but not sure about the touchpad.

I really like the home screen in iDrive. So I tend to set my music with CarPlay and then just use the hard buttons to go back to iDrive. If you have music playing through CarPlay and press the MEDIA button it takes you right to the song that is playing. Its great. I Also have a hot button programmed to go right to CarPlay music app (apple music in my case) and if music isn’t playing it starts. Thats great!

Anyway, people probably know about this stuff but just thought I would share. :

Last edited by kdesign7; 06-20-2019 at 05:49 AM..
Appreciate 0