View Single Post
      05-20-2020, 10:57 AM   #1
BasherColorado
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X2

Production Order Number Issue

Hey All,

Have a production order in with BMW for a '20 X7 M50i. Put the order in on May 3rd, knowing the factory was reopening May 4th. For that whole week, it showed "Order Received" and, on May 11th, it changed to "Scheduled for Production".

I ended up calling the client line to get more information and the person I spoke with said it was scheduled to begin production sometime between June 3rd and 7th. Yikes - but fine.

A couple days pass, and my X7 disappeared off of MyGarage. I went to add it back with the production number and it said the production number is invalid.

I call the client line back and they, too, say that my production number is giving them an error. However, the guy said, "the last time I saw this meant it was being changed to the next model year". He directed me to contact the dealership I am building with to get more information.

Well, my dealer has an ask out to his regional rep and it's been about a week without any answers. Kind of frustrating - especially when dealing with a $118k vehicle but, regardless, you think there would be better information given with such changes.

Of course I'm fine with a '21 model if the same terms are still applied as previously agreed upon - but my question is - is this also happening to anyone else either currently or in the past? What was the reason/outcome?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0