08-29-2008, 11:13 AM   #29
Turbo>NA
xbox gamertag: HuGeBluEmOnKeY
Armenia
Rep
Drives: M-Sport LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithiral67 View Post
First, ur running up hill is a type of lifting, but cardio doesnt build muscle the same way as if you are lifting. Not sure what your balance of running time to lifting time. If your running for 60 mins then lifting for 30 mins, odds are you're not getting close to your potential for muscle growth. I would reverse that time if I was you and only do the resistence running. But keep in mind once you're muscles adapt to that, you will stop building muscle and only be burning calories.

If you're running 60 mins and lifting 90 mins, then god bless you for having that much time in your day to work out.

FYI - dont need to do ab sit-ups every day, can actually be bad for you in the long run. Try doing rotating several different core moves over the days. Yes, you will be hitting your abs each day, but not in the same way and hopefully utilzing different stomach muscles.

How many day rotation are you on? Are you basically changing your whole workout routine once a month?

I have been running 40 mins everyday for 6 days, and I have been weight lifting for about 45 mins 4 to 5 times a week. I have been doing this routine for a little over a month, I like it but I want see more progress. I dont want to be all muscle and look like im on steriodss. My actual goal is to get slim, get AB's, and have cut biceps and a nice chest. Thats it,

What do you think of muscle milk? is that stuff bad?
Appreciate 0