08-29-2008, 12:38 PM   #33
mithiral67
That guy
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo>NA View Post
I have been running 40 mins everyday for 6 days, and I have been weight lifting for about 45 mins 4 to 5 times a week. I have been doing this routine for a little over a month, I like it but I want see more progress. I dont want to be all muscle and look like im on steriodss. My actual goal is to get slim, get AB's, and have cut biceps and a nice chest. Thats it,
Personally, I would cut down on the cardio and increase weight training. If you want to loss fat, just put on muscle and watch your diet. The idea that cardo is the key to getting ripped is an out dated idea that any current personal trainer and health article will support.

You want to loss body weight, then burn more calories then you eat, right? But if you are not careful (ie a starvation diet or excess cardo), you will be burning fat and muscle. This isnt your goal.

Remember, for each pound of muscle you add, you add 35-45 more calories your body burns in a day just for your body to maintain it, let alone excersice it. Also remember, that your body needs time to burn fat as energy, its likely your not even burning fat as energy during your cardio workouts. But if you increase your metabolism all day (by adding muscle) and eat the 5-6 small meals a day, you will always be running at a moderate to low caloric deficit at any give time. This causes your body to slowly burn fat as energy.

If you want to loss body fat, use a balance of cardio (3 times a week for 30 mins - remember, cardio doesnt increase your metabolism) and resistence training (5 times a week for at least 1 hour) to build muscle and increase your metabolism.

Again, just my opinion.
Appreciate 0