08-29-2008, 11:08 PM   #61
oldaccount
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Light View Post
Before 1920, there were NO heart attacks in the US. Why? Because man made bullshit didn't exist prior to that time. As soon as man made products poked their head out, our health began to deteriorate. Here is an exerpt from a Paul Chek article describing this.

"First, let’s look at the issue from a perspective of natural history. Our evolution into the human species from our ape ancestors is thought to have occurred some 2.8 million years ago. Spanning the duration of this vast period, it should strike you as interesting that the first reported heart attack in the U.S. occurred in 1920, only 12 years after the grain industry began hydrogenating plant and grain oils. Now, I personally find it interesting that there is such hype over cardiovascular exercise as necessary prevention for heart attack or even heart disease, when such diseases were relatively nonexistent less than 100 years ago. That’s but a flash in the pan of human evolution."

Do as you wish. You proved my point when you mentioned manufacturing. I am aware of where casein and whey come from. The majority of supplements are not from naturally occurring anything. They are full of crap - artificial flavors, artificial colors, preservatives, sugars, etc.

Multi vitamins made for everyone should be used with caution. Individual vitamins and mineral supplements should also be taken only when suggested by a knowledgeable professional as minerals and vitamins do not occur alone in nature; they are ALWAYS part of a complex.

The use of synthetic supplements and processed foods puts the body out of balance. I am not against all supplements, but many people take supplements without any regard for what they really need. All you need is available from things made by the Earth. In the 1930s, Weston Price did studies on isolated, pre-industrialized cultures all over the world. He found that people who adhered to their native diets were free from physical degeneration, structural deformities, and disease. When modern eating habits were later introduced to these people, their health declined dramatically and multiple structural deformities and disease resulted (within a SINGLE generation).

The people that have a life threatening condition likely had imbalance created by poor dietary and lifestyle choices. Eating processed garbage creates imbalance in the body which if unchecked leads to disease. Have you looked at the back of the labels on processed goods? The US is the second fattest country in the world behind Australia which has unfortunately adopted a western diet. I work with people nearly everyday that take medications that have their body completely out of whack. Medications treat symptoms, not the root cause of problems which is likely something to due with poor nutrition which leads to abnormal cell function. Until the root cause of the issues is addressed, medications do nothing but hide symptoms and keep people alive.

On the other hand, if someone is in a serious accident I understand the need for synthetic drugs to keep them stable. However, this doesn't mean these medications are good for them.
Paul Chek is lunatic nutjob. You could get the same advice from residents at a mental institution. Quoting him in a discussion is worse than an ad hominem.

There is also a difference between living a healthy lifestyle and using supplements - which is what I am talking about -, and living like an average 'Merican and subsisting off McDonalds and Oreos - which what you apparently believe me to be talking about.
Appreciate 0