View Single Post
      08-27-2020, 08:00 AM   #13
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleex024 View Post
puts them to shame in what aspect though? my s8 was much faster than any m50i is and I doubt it can handle better than the s6 you had... not that your s6 was a track monster by any means but definitely has to handle better than that x7.

overall yes the x7 is truly the best suv out of the competing suvs in this price range for sure...I looked at all of them including new gls navigator escalade etc... even though I may get the new escalade in diesel if the assisted driving is really good.

either way if you really don't mind suvs then you will absolutely love the x7... again I can't stop driving my wife's... starting to really hate my tesla lol
As a total luxury experience in power, room, and tech the X7 blows any of my luxury cars away. Opulent might be the better word to describe the difference. It’s a real world 4 second 0-60mph tech filled presidential suite on wheels.
(I will get more draggy times when the temp gets lower in the fall)

I also owned a S8 and then a A8. I did not find my S8 that much better in performance than the A8 I replaced it with other than its stiffer suspension. Rattles and constant electronic gremlins haunted my S8. Ignition issues with the key never were figured out. My dealer was constantly chasing suspension thumping noises. I traded the S8 in for a RR that was a nightmare and ultimately dumped the RR in 7 months for a A8. The A8 was better but started to share some of the same issues the S8 had and at that point I was ready to move away from the platform and traveling with a stroller in the trunk left little room. Audi’s electronics were problematic and their UI iDrive sucked. My wife has a new A4 and she was the last Audi hold out in our family and she is ready to move out of it to a X3.
I have owned a lot of Audi’s over the last 30 years starting with a new 1988 90q. My best and favorite Audi’s have been a RS4, S8 4.2l with snowflake wheels and a baseball stitched TTqR. Three cars I wish I would have kept longer. Audi’s new design direction doesn't interest me at all.

Last edited by MystroX5; 08-27-2020 at 08:21 AM..
Appreciate 0