View Single Post
      08-27-2020, 10:08 AM   #19
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleex024 View Post
not sure which a8 and s8 you had but I did hear the d4 a8 s8 did get better... but I had absolutely no problems with my s8 plus and loved it... but after putting 90k miles after the first year and after test driving the tesla i knew i had to have the autopilot

I do really miss the s8 though as it was so fast and comfortable at the same time
I get it. The Tesla is totally different animal. I think it’s all about what parts of the luxury experience you prioritize within the luxury vehicle market. I don’t believe there’s ever a “one size fits all”. The X7 M50i feels like a freak with its acceleration for such a big deal. It’s almost a novelty yet I would expect this level of acceleration in a luxury sedan. It’s all about perspective. I tend to buy different vehicles for all my needs that way a sports car can do its thing the best, etc... It’s when you ask one vehicle to be everything is when the owner needs to prioritize what’s the most important characteristics you need at the top of the list.

The X7 depending how it’s speced out can be 3 very different feeling vehicles. DHP is by far the most important option you want if you require it to feel like a sports sedan. It hides its weight like a magic trick. If you just want a nice people hauler for the wife then a lower optioned 40i will give most all the luxury they need. The flip side is a fully optioned M50i and it’s a rocket with a “masters of the universe” level of luxury.

Last edited by MystroX5; 08-27-2020 at 10:24 AM..
Appreciate 0