View Single Post
      08-09-2019, 11:11 AM   #6
khai Dow
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: "Grey Goose" X7 40D, IOMG M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Nice. I'm interested to hear your feedback after the trip, khai Dow ! One of the reasons I'm buying the X7 is to be a family road trip mobile.
Well, after day 1 and around 550 miles and 9 hours of driving we arrived. Sunshine, torrential rain, flooding, hills and so far The tank hasn’t missed a beat. My wife and daughter slept half of the time in the 2nd row as it’s “just so comfortable” and the 3rd row was flat to take the 3 large suitcases. Being able to stow the mini luggage cover and use the one that covers our suitcases is really helpful. The underfloor storage also is really handy for things you want to keep extra secure.

The M50d definitely has more grunt than required for most situations although does sometimes run out of breath at higher speeds when you try to accelerate. It’s surefootedness in the lashing rain was very reassuring, especially on some particularly greasy roads. I disagree with evo on sport plus. It really does make a ticeBke difference especially to the handling and the throttle response.

After 120K we were at 51mpg (mainly in eco pro at around 110km/65mph). By the end of the trip and after a few stops and a few blasts in sport plus we ended at 38mpg.

Per the pic below, after around 70 miles, range was 1101km (680miles).

More day trips to follow with plenty of practicality tests. So far so good.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
marcosg24.50
Wild Blue3683.50