07-15-2009, 12:34 AM   #11
Z4-Archon
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White Z4 35i

Hi again,

To answer some of the above questions:

Removal of the emblems is simple enough, but time consuming. First I use a heat gun to heat up the emblem and more importantly the glue behind it. Then I take some 50 lb monofilament fishing line and use a 2 foot section of that with a couple of dowels to run it behind each emblem one at a time. This leaves a fair amount of the sticker behind which I pull off as much as I can by hand. Usually I just push it around with my thumb or finger until it peels off. For whatever is left I use "Goo Gone" and/or gasoline to remove that. Immediately finishing that I wash the car and re-wax that body panel. The guys at the body shop told me that they do the same thing but have used the nylon packing straps that bind boxes as it is easier to manage and much stronger than fishing line. I have not tried those as I think they would scratch the car.

As far as the night photos, it is more the camera than me. I have a Canon 5D Mk. II that I hand held. I had the camera in manual mode and simply adjusted the fstop and shutter speed until I got it to where I wanted it. I think the camera was shooting at 3200 ISO though. I hand held it because I was too lazy to go get the tripod

Thanks for all the kind words, I am very happy with how the car looks now. I wish I had known of the option code for the sdrive delete from the car. Someone posted it earlier, something like 320.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Appreciate 0