04-12-2020, 08:50 AM   #56
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono View Post
BMW X7 is bigger than average vehicle in Europe. It will be more difficult to find parking spot for other smaller cars (VW Lupo, Smart?) - no doubt about it. However, this is the price to pay for what the car offers.

When I used to live in Europe I was a few times per year in Alps for skiing, including in Switzerland. Sure, some of the roads are narrow, some of the parking stalls are small. The same problem I have with BMW X5 in San Francisco. The same problem have 3/4 ton truck drivers in any city.

I do not think that this should be a problem... unless, you will be using the car mainly in city driving and you won't have clear parking situation. I do not know where you will be living / working - I lived in Europe in a couple of countries and I never used my car for commuting. YMMV
You sound like my colleagues in the US .... speaking of Europe as if its this quaint little place where everyone drives tiny little cars .... that may be the case in some cities but not everywhere..... plenty of places in Europe where an X7 or any other large SUV is a perfect choice ...... I lived in London most of my life and have always had large SUV's .... latterly an X5 with no issues.