View Single Post
      08-01-2015, 10:07 PM   #19
coolicarboy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i

So today I test drove the M235i, S3, and Mustang GT. (I added the Mustang to the list and dropped the STI)

Needless to say, the preference is now in this order.

1. M235I
2. Mustang GT
3. S3

So, i've built all these cars via the online building apps. The 235i comes out to 52k optioned the way I want it. The Mustang, 45k. The Audi, 51k.

If I can get the 235i down into the 47 or 48k range, its what I will most likely end up with. It drives absolutely amazing. SO torquey, nimble, and fun to drive. More fun than my E92 328 was, and by a long shot. This car was the only one that left a complete WOW factor in every way possible. Refinement, fun factor, performance, etc...

The Mustang was awesome. The rumble of the v8 was absolutely intoxicating. However, it felt pretty big and it was no where near as connected to the road as the BMW. Even with a manual. But then again, it is priced much lower which is why this is JUST below the BMW in my top 3. If I can get a good deal on it, I may pick one up instead. Only got the WOW factor when flooring it in a straight line.

The Audi S3 was also great.... Pretty fun to drive. But it reminds me WAY too much of my current 2013 GLI. Engine sound, interior doors, materials, etc... The best way to put it is, it drives like an AWD GLI (if there was one ) with a bit better handling.

My decision will be made in about a month in a half, so I will keep you all updated.

Alpine white 2009 E92 328i (Gone)
Appreciate 0