View Single Post
      05-11-2018, 08:51 AM   #20
BMWM3TS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzee View Post
It’s not a about low-balling - it’s about factoring in the replacement cost. That’s very different. Heck even splitting the replacement costs between the buyer and seller ie. $1.5k each, I am absolutely fine with that. The issue here here most are in denial and does not even admit that there is an issue, even as a preventive measure.

Ohh and frankly if a seller were to ask such questions I am more than happy to guide the sellers on the specs, specific parts and workshops (here in Sydney at least). But that’s not the point of this thread.
Let's just say that as you are asking on how to negotiate the asking price down, you and I are at polar opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to negotiating approach. E.g. I bagged both my current toys at decent discounts to initial asking price and that of similiar cars at the time ( circa 20 to 25% ) by giving the seller a message you are a genuine buyer, been in the market for a bit, have cash ready to go and not interested in wasting your time or the sellers and keen on their car. I would ask standard questions and ask for service book pic via email or other pics to get the sellers email address. I would then do my forensic googling looking for not quiet right jaded pasts. Then if car is all good, offer a price lower than asking based on whatever rationale that floats you boat in writing. and is subject to a PPI. No need to justify your price. May get told to get stuffed. If so monitor if its sold or not whilst putting in offers on other cars. If not sold after some time remind them of your offer or slighly increase the offer to try and engage them. Eg seller may get pissed off with low balling tyre kickers or their circumstance or expectations may change. Key is to get the ppi. Armed with a Ppi you can then use that to negotiate hard with facts instead of you opinions unless it's a peach.

PS JUST another view but these cars stock are nowhere in the league of one modded with tune and exhaust e.g. x pipe with 200 cel high flow cats. If you have a dct, how good is the bang for buck on the gts dct tune for circa USD 100. Hmm rod bearings or tune and exhaust. (cel and cold started coded out). No brainer for me.

Last edited by BMWM3TS; 05-11-2018 at 09:26 AM..
Appreciate 0