04-29-2022, 09:41 AM   #14
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I think the labour shortage and issues with supply chains are really hurting people. Not just in aquiring "stuff" but to just get anything done. Try doing or booking anything and you need to pan ahead months and months, a lot of front line workers are off with the spicy cough too so every business seems short staffed.
I have noticed an overall lack of customer service... again mostly online or when calling places. However at least here in FL I have not personally noticed a lot of staffing issues with local places we go to.

I also think many companies are using staff shortages etc as an excuse. On the way back to FL from NC we stopped at a Dunkin Donuts... the place has a line around the block. It took for fucking ever! Waaaay longer than it should have. Also they have the dining area closed so only drive through. They have signs posted everywhere about staff shortages etc. At the window I see there are 3 employees. 1 is taking orders and standing around another is just standing around and 1 is actually making the food. Meanwhile Mcdonalds right next door has served like 10x the number of cars in the same time and has the dining room open.

So did Dunkin suck because of staff shortages? Or did they just have shit training, poor pay or both?
Appreciate 1
Tommy-G4499.50