02-28-2018, 01:39 AM   #7
Wilsm2
Mini Beast
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2guru View Post
For reference: Not sure I would do it again, but I did get a car wash (automated/touchless) at -13 F (-25 C). Immediately following, I drove it about 10 minutes and 10 miles without any issue with the brakes (the comfort close windows seemed to barely be able break the ice when I opened the door, though).

EDIT: I am just realizing you are talking about not driving it (much) afterwards...I have had the car stick in my garage after a wash. I thought my garage was heated to +45 F (the lowest my thermostat would go), but I think the thermostat is off and the heater has trouble keeping up - in other words it could have been that it was below freezing (I thought it could have been rust because it sat for 3-4 days). I have a 6 speed, so I was able to break it free by regulating the clutch and throttle. I would think you could do the same with the DCT.
I tried, I'm assuming the DCT has a safety feature, the car would try to move the it would go into neutral. The car feels fine now, I thought I would post the issue as I have never experienced it before