sirdaft1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 & E90 WTCC Widebody Racecar

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteckba View Post
I watched it a few more times and I'm 99.9% sure it was intentional... And I laughed.
Seb fell asleep and got caught napping. End of story. Vettel even admitted that Hamilton slowed down in that same corner every time in the earlier caution laps.

Remember, the pace car was running 20 seconds a lap slower than it should have been. Hamilton was continuously on the radio about the slow pace speed leading to tire temp issues all race. That said, imagine hitting 200mph and then having to brake like your life depended on it coming into turn 1 with COLD tires (if you haven't tried going 100% through a turn with cold tires, you probably haven't had a code brown moment! - let alone after braking from 200mph!?). That said, it would only make sense to get as much heat in your tires prior to entering that long straight. TADA... this was exactly where this "incident" took place at turn 15 leading to that last zone to improve tire temps. I see zero mishaps with Hamilton's behavior.

That said, I believe that Vettel did not intentionally run into Hamilton. I think he pulled along side of him, raised his hand to show some "emotion" and while looking that way; he unintentionally steered into him (ever lean down to grab something in the car and accidentally swerve?). It should never have happened in the first place; and he's rightly at fault. But I don't think he intentionally made contact with Hamilton.

Regardless, my hat goes off to Bottas. One of the best drives I've ever seen. Down a lap and in last place to 2nd(!) in the last couple hundred feet. Incredible drive. And I'm calling it now that RAI is out and Verstappen may very well be wearing red next year
Appreciate 0