View Single Post
      03-06-2019, 10:15 AM   #1
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Question - Adjustable ride height

I'm having problems figuring out what feature, option, or package gives adjustable ride height, the switch lever to the bottom right of the iDrive. I think I'd like to have this feature for medical reasons (which is one of the reasons why I'm looking at the X7). As I get older, it's harder for me to get in and out of a car that is either too low, or too high. The X7 is a good starting height, to swing my legs out and exit to a standing position, without having to climb down, or push up off my legs from a squatting position.

Anyway--what is it that adds the adjustable height? Is it 2VR, the 2-axle air suspension? That feature seems to be standard for all X7's. I think it's the ZOR Off-road package, but I can't find that information anywhere. If so, according to the configurator (at least in the USA) it seems you can't get both the off-road package and M-sport, which is something else I'd want, mostly for aesthetic reasons.

Some videos seem to imply that NO, not all X7's have the adjustable height.

The one X7 I saw was a non-USA configuration, and it was in fact an M-sport and had the adjustable suspension height.

Anyone know?
Appreciate 0