02-13-2020, 09:13 AM   #3
Brukes
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328ix / 2020 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfoundnemo View Post
Used mine to remote "Climatize Now" my car this morning without issue.

I did have the same issue a couple of months ago, I wasn't able to utilize any remote services for a good week or so and the last updated time in location was a few days out. I called and got similar advice you received, a couple of times as they had told me to wait some extended period of time after upgrading apps, so I spoke to a few different people and nobody had a good idea of what was going on. At one point, they had me remove and re-add the car from my connected drive account online which seemed hopeful as it was different and not something I tried myself, but still no luck.

They ended up creating a ticket with engineering and said they'd get back to me via email, warning me it could be quite a while before I hear from them. I did at least hear within a day or two that they wanted some screenshots of the errors, the log, etc.. A few days later it started working again, but I still never heard any confirmation from BMW of if they actually did something to fix it.

As far as I know that ticket is still open. It's been okay ever since, but I do get a warning when I switch between the cars in my connected app that ConnectedDrive+ services aren't available on my account for my X7 (which was another issue I mentioned in the ticket with engineering), so I suppose I still have something I could follow up on. Those services only seem to be destination based (like navigate to door) and I never really use them anyway.
Interesting; I opened a ticket last night but was skeptical if it would lead to something. They gave me the same feedback (i.e., that it could be 7-10 business days before I get a response). Appreciate you sharing your experience and hopefully they'll get it back and working
Appreciate 0