335d Touring Xdrive
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 335d Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfoggy View Post
£80.

It allocated my old plate back whilst online and said switch your plates ASAP!

Wasn't expecting that, I presume it will just allocate yours a free one at the point you do it as well.

It gives you a download form for the number plate to be made up at the time as well. All good to go.
I've just put my wives private plate on retention, fantastic quick service at last as said above. DVLA issued her original plate back, that was previously on the car. Checked with Askmid to see if it was now on the database, and the vehicle that came back was a Iveco Stratos 6x2 HGV. My wives vehicle is a Suzuki Jimny... Work that one out. Askmid says, if the wrong vehicle show up on our database, which by the way is the most up to date database out there, so they claim. Then contact your insurance company, as they must have imputted the details wrong. No they haven't. I was then told to ring DVLA, which i did. Their database gave me the correct vehicle, my wives Jimny. So as far as i am concerned, that is the one that counts. Very strange. New log book and retention certificate came in 3 days. A dam sight quicker than the 4 weeks it used to take. Thumbs up to the DVLA.
Appreciate 0