03-08-2019, 04:03 PM   #3
g20beam
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Garage List
2019 BMW  [0.00]
I had the same thoughts as you but I would reconsider going the Audi route.

I was involved in a deer accident last Christmas in my F25. Luckily my girlfriend and I both survived, I was going about 90km/h before the deer came out of nowhere in front of my car. The vehicle was totalled but because of the circumstances, I don't think I will trust any other brand with my life after that accident, the inside cabin remains clear of any damage (with the exception of all 3 airbags popping), and the front of the vehicle was still partially intact (with grille damage, lights were broken, but shape of hood and front looks good with very little push in). The emergency system was also very quick, the car dialed 911 as soon as the accident occurred, and the officer that showed up told me that his radar was blaring and he made his way here as soon as possible. For one, BMW technology is amazing, and also, the structure of the vehicle remains pretty much the same even after hitting a deer going at high speeds.

As a result, I had researched extensively to look for a replacement vehicle, looking at everything from safety, design, technology, performance, etc. In the end, I still chose the G20 because it is a great vehicle that is very well designed compared to competitors (A4 & C300) and it is a newer vehicle. The fact that Mercedes and Audi come with fake exhaust tips for their new cars is rather disappointing to me, and it makes me feel that they are cutting corners. If they cut corners in one area as small as a exhaust tip, you never know what other parts of the vehicle they have made compromises on.

I recently bought a new G20 as the replacement vehicle, and I have been very impressed so far. I have been driving the vehicle for well over a week now and it is a very nice experience. The car is very intelligent (far more than my F25) and it has a very nice sound. The technology is so advanced that I feel some of it is pretty superfluous for that matter.

Regardless, I think BMW is a very reliable company that makes amazing cars. Maybe reconsider buying an Audi and continue onwards with BMW.

That is my story and my opinion, good luck!
Appreciate 6
joca107.50
dL.78.50
paliknight2192.50
j2dad5389372.00