KCH1984
Major
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model Y LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by strike4A View Post
This is an option on the X3, I've got it. The "Adaptive" button is next to Sport/Comfort/Eco-Pro buttons. Reacts to your driving style and works with the navigation system, i.e. will tighten everything up in advance of a corner etc.
Sorry but I've confused you or rather BMW have with their over use of word "adaptive"

I'm talking about an option called "Adaptive drive" it is a combination of adaptive dampers and active roll bars it's a £2800 option on the larger BMWs 5/6/7 etc....and one that's never been offered on the smaller BMWs 2/3/4 and X1/2/3, hence I asked if it was now an option on the new X3.

having looked at the website, you have the adaptive button which engages the adaptive dampers (£500 option) but it's a different to the adaptive drive system I asked about.
So have they de-coupled the adaptive dampers from the sport-comfort-eco button now then? Does that mean with the adaptive button off the dampers work in a passive mode?