View Single Post
      09-13-2012, 05:01 AM   #1
morellomax
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i xDrive convertible

This is my first time contract hiring a car, and while the promotional rate was attractive enough to hook me, I'm not feeling particularly reassured by the whole process so far.

The purpose of this thread is to share experiences, and is particularly aimed at anyone who signed up for the promotional rate on a 330d M-Sport that was offered by Central UK Vehicle Leasing, Solent Leasing and perhaps other brokers.

My own experience (with Central UK Vehicle Leasing) is as follows:

24th August - made initial phone enquiry and was sent a blank proposal form, but no written confirmation of exact lease terms;

I was then rejected for finance without explanation, despite perfect credit record etc etc;

31st August - finance company changed mind after submission of bank statements, I submitted order confirmation form;

3rd September - had heard nothing so chased broker by email and phone;

5th September - still heard nothing, chased again and was told yes, it's all fine, order is placed, paperwork will be with you asap.

6th September - I sent email to broker listing options I wanted to add and would pay for up front. Broker forwarded this to dealer and copied me in.

11th September - still no written confirmation of vehicle spec, any dealer order number or other objective proof that a vehicle order has actually been placed with the factory. I phoned the dealer direct and left message for contact to call me.

13th September - still no call back from dealer and no paperwork.

Should I be expecting to see more paperwork at this stage ?

How do others' experiences compare ?
Appreciate 0