10-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #22
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhj83 View Post
I think that the non ZCP M3 feels a little soft, and the 1M most definitely feels sharper, but the ZCP M3 feels every bit as nimble as the 1M with added benefit of a longer wheel base. I obviously have the M3 ZCP, but have driven and been a passenger of my friend's 1M quite extensively - both on all sorts of roads and track days. I personally feel that the 1M is setup to feel immediately "in your face" therefore you get a big smile right away, while the M3 is more cosseted at everyday speeds and its performance is layered and not immediately apparent when cruising around, but wind up the Drivelogic, servotronic and EDC setting, in addition to having ZCP and it becomes an absolute instrument, especially when you chuck it round tight technical and bumpy roads or a race track. Also, size difference is not really as issue given that both cars have similar track widths, and the M3 isn't exactly long. In the ideal world, I would have both cars.

Also, shameless plug, check out our Weekend In Wales trip for a nice view of a load of 1Ms and my M3 hooning round.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=749034
I'm sure the ZCP feels better. I had a 2008 and purchased it when they were first released in the US. I did end up getting the full exhaust setup mentioned above along with suspension, BBS rims, CF bits, etc. The car was an absolute joy to drive and I had it for almost three years. This speaks volumes as I am lucky to keep a car for a year or two at best. But if someone were to ask me, "hey, having owned an e92 M3, 997 turbo, and 1M, which order would you rate them from favorite on down" I would say 1M, 997 turbo, and e92 M3. And if I subjectively had to score a number from 1-10 for each the difference would be minimal between the three. All great machines no doubt!
2024 718 GT4 RS | Arctic Grey
Appreciate 0