View Single Post
      11-17-2020, 08:29 AM   #7
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlittlejohnx View Post
Thank you for your reply. My SA recommended PPF and I was tempted, but wasn't quite sold on the idea. I did read that it was tulip wood and polished to perfection. We had a Steinway at my grandparents house growing up and I didn't remember it scratching all that easily, but it was in the "formal" living room only used on holidays. ��

I'll just just have to be very careful. Looks so nice in your picture. Our car came in yesterday, so hopefully surprising the wife with it today. Thanks again!

Just no sunglasses or keys thrown on the wood and you will probably never get a mark. The lacquer is softer and can dent if abused but it also can have minor scratches buffed out like automotive paint. If you are familiar with living with fine furniture you will be fine. I recommend keeping a soft microfiber cloth in the car for dusting. Just lightly dampen the microfiber cloth with water to remove any stains from beverages or sneezing. I have owned a lot of piano lacquer interior vehicles and can say BMW’s is the best I have owned and worth the upcharge. It is certainly better than the Audi A8 I owned.

Appreciate 0