View Single Post
      03-05-2024, 08:25 AM   #21
chicagox7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Q7, 07 RDX, 23 X7 40i-soon

lookingforx7 Best to search for a few things on your topics as many have been much discussed. Below are just 2 threads on captains chairs vs bench seat (one is specific to car seat discussions). As with all questions- answers depend.

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=24531347
https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=30929708

We went captians chairs with the car seats. We don’t haul stuff- so no need to for the second row to go down (Captains chairs don’t). We did it as we want them when the kids outgrow the car seat and boosters (we’re hoping to hold on for a long time). Others are staunch bench seat folks as they haul things and need them to fold. More than a. Few indicate the bench have an extra inch of space. Many proclaim the gap in the captians chairs as great to access the third row. Lot’s of thoughts/opinions and items to consider. Bottom line is both are fine with car seats- both have their pros and cons.

As for Carbon Black- we saw it and loved it. We also owned multiple black cars and can’t keep them clean/swirl free. So we went with skyscraper grey. My wife likes black cars- loved the carbon black; be ready to wash and care for it if you want it to look good.

DAP- if you are using it for long trips- get it. I have a ‘23 and it’s not ‘hands free’ over 40- but it makes it so much easier to drive at highway speeds. Place a bit of pressure on the wheel and pay attention and it still basically drives itself, staying in lanes and taking moving with the road. I feel 10x better after a long drive in this than other cars because of DAP. If you live in a city with traffic- the traffic jam assist is awesome and worth it. These are what make this car truly luxury and worth the price.

Tow hitch- search the threads. A tow hitch from the factory comes with larger radiator and enhanced cooling for the engine (unadvertised). Adding after the fact you’ll miss those- as well as the camera and sensor optionality. You can add one after the fact- though will need to turn off sensors and pay a bit to get it installed. Many have opted for a stealth hitch (search that term and you’ll see examples and discussions of pricing- which is all over the board, hence someone’s suggestions to look at that in your area).
Appreciate 0