View Single Post
      06-03-2019, 04:24 PM   #7
dmann33
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missduvy View Post
Yes! Always the best plan. Our local dealer proposed a sticker price for our 114K build and much less than KBB for our trade. We ended up buying out of state and getting a much better trade offer and discount off MSRP. It pays to shop around.
It’s as if you are local they will not budge (much), but if they know are far away they know the ONLY reason you will come to them is lowering the price. That same out of state shop probably would not have given that same deal to a buyer in their local area. Besides, the aforementioned obvious, they also won’t be doing much picking you up and washing your car for maintenance. That saves them some $$. I’m like 35- 40 miles from my dealer and at least they will come and get my car, give me a loaner and return it washed and serviced - that’s worth something to me (saves me half a day). I don’t think they’d do that if I didn’t buy from them. Driving us all they way to SC for the PCD was a nice touch too. Beats having had 2 cars to bring back. I only got like $2.5K off, but it was a early order and I’m ok with it.
Appreciate 0