View Single Post
      03-07-2007, 11:32 AM   #10
carnuts3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfrogman View Post
1. The hood bulge is a bit too big and the wrong shape? The sculpted lines of the E92 (and E90) show distinct edges, but that bulge is simply round and bulbous. Either go round or edgy, not both. I think the Vorsteiner hood bulge looks better. The lower portion of the rear bumper and side skirts have too much going on. Someone get me a file so I can smooth those sharp edges underneath. If a Cayman-S is sexy, curvaceous, elegant and easy on the eyes, this new E92 M3 concept takes you the opposite direction by increasing designy entropy.

I don't want to sound like I'm hating on the M3 concept car.

2. I love the CF top, and overal,l like the car. Yet, it seems like the designers got a little crazy with their design.
I agree with ksfrogman's critique regarding the hood. The hood and hideous vents are just plain wrong for this car. BMW designers need to rework this with a "bulge" and vents that compliments the overall design, not detracts from it (maybe extend and incorporate the "gill look"on the hood) . I already sent an e-mail to BMW complaining about this. I hope enough enthusiasts who feel the same way let BMW know as well. Maybe we can influence a design modification before it's too late. Get you're e-mails out today!
Appreciate 0