Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundown View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyis300 View Post
It's a poor mans RR suv with a BMW front end that's not really cheap! Lol
I recently sold my 2016 X5M for a loaded 2019 Range Rover V8. Its a fine car, but there's a laundry list of things that I miss from the BMW (not the least of which is the tech). If the X7 matches in refinement, it's going to be really tempting.
Which tech is missed?
Car Play being a this-week add to the RR line up (via charged software update) improves RR materially.

But the complaints are two fold: first, tragic stability, literally bug after bug (or as I've come to appreciate, 'quirks'). Second, ancient tech. Touch-screen, non-intuitive layout, odd-nested functionality.

Btw - and hats off to @jason for fostering a real community - I did a comparison write up on the RR forum (X5M vs. RR) that was both flattering and honest about both cars and it was deleted by mods. I think there's a lot of 'perception management' by JLR. Spend enough time on those forums and you see the threads pop-up, then vanish. Makes 'doing your research' harder than it would be for any other make.

BMW owners (at least I did) take for granted the investment BMW makes in iDrive. It's by a mile better.

Now, I largely knew that going in (though the 2018-19 was supposed to be a big upgrade, IMHO it's mostly nicer plastic/bigger screens). All together, the RR is a better 'riding' car, 6mm acoustic glass, etc etc. Which is what I wanted for my family hauler.

My weekend toy/board wagon is a fully swapped E46 S54/M3 wagon.
Appreciate 1
michal12201.00