View Single Post
      01-04-2019, 09:42 AM   #4
like2short
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold187um View Post
ive got the 21s on a gl550 and use pirelli winters and the standard contis for non winter months. it works for me but is a pain to swap on off.

For me, easiest path with 22s seems to be the stock contis they are offering and then get a dedicated winter tire/rim set up. what is bmw officially offering for winter tire/rim packages?

if you’re somewhere where winter isn’t an issue, the 22s and the space saver spare as backup will help you out of most situations but won’t resolve an issue of you being on a road trip somewhere and needing an exotic tire size made by at most two manufacturers like those 22s. For that reason I’m going 21” m standard wheel. Lots of choices in that size plus a serviceable all season option plus you can rotate tires since all four corners are the same size.

But man I love those 22s!!!
If you have a 2nd set of GL wheels, keep them! BMW is now using the same wheel pattern as Mercedes! Even the centerbore is the same. The GL does have a high negative offset, so you will probably need spacers to put them on the X7. As of right now, BMW does not show a winter wheel tire combo for the X7, but for the new X5 they have a few including 18", 20" as well as one with General all Terrain tires. The x5 tire height is one profile size shorter, e.g. if it's a 21", its 40 series, while the x7 is 45 series.

My recommendation for winters for the X7 would be to look for a used set of 20" Mercedes wheels with a width of around 8.5" and maybe a 275/50/20 tire.

20 wheels are available as the standard for the x7 for markets outside of North America.
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50