Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7, 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 760Lifan View Post
So when you say the power was 'smooth', I assume the vehicle didn't drive too aggressive/jump when you accelerated.

It would be nice to have a vehicle with plenty (and then some) of power when you put the pedal to the metal without getting a whiplash every time you touch the gas-pedal...
So, I will say that when accelerating from a dead standstill with the M50i, there was a point at just a few miles per hour, when the turbos spooled up and the power kicked in, that there was a surge of power, kind of like the "jump" you're asking about. I do think it might take a bit of learning a finesse with the right foot, to ensure a totally smooth acceleration from a stop. But all other rolling accelerations were very smooth. Strong and powerful. Such a throaty growl from the engine.

I did do a highway on-ramp rapid acceleration from almost a dead stop. It was a "jam the pedal, holy crap that's fast, aaaaaand... I'm already at highway speeds". Like every X7 model, it's so deceptively smooth and quiet, that if you don't look down at the HUD/speedometer, you could easily drive 100mph, with no realization you're travelling so fast.

Is the steering any different then the standard car? I find the rack too slow and kinda sloppy in comparison with my Q7.
Appreciate 0