View Single Post
      01-03-2020, 11:19 AM   #21
Waise
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Does that include Traffic Jam Assist performance at night, too? Also, are the high beams required to be in "auto" when using the semi-autonomous features at night (presumably to help the car "see" better and further away at night)?
I used it a couple of times driving work to home which was night time and it worked no different to me. Traffic Jam Assist is an extension of Driver Assistant plus or (Enhanced Drivers Assistant). That means there are many other parameters, especially looking at the cars surrounding your, has to be met before your cars iDrive promts you to switch to Traffic Jam Assist mode.

Relating to the high beams being in Auto, I don't think they need to in Auto for Driver Assistant. But I loved this feature when we drove on back roads at night in order to bypass a few major accidents on highway 5 going to Cali. I left high beams in Auto and the car did the rest. Nice and bright, and when system saw a vehicle or may be another vehicles headlight it shifted to low beam automatically and then switched back to high, all without any issue to the opposite vehicles or mine.

The one thing I did not get a chance to test was, it's my understanding, that the car's Driver Assistant will use the iDrive navigation system (BMW NAV) to further help with driving, when you activate it, especially with the curves and other challenges. This is because my wife likes connecting iPhone Carplay and use Google map for NAV.
Appreciate 0