View Single Post
      11-11-2020, 12:57 AM   #15
Wynnst0n
Rep
Drives: G20 BMW 330i

I got the 20-07 update yesterday. It kicked in after visiting my dealer (West Coast BMW) who were addressing a couple of warranty issues for me. So I am not sure if the dealer invoked it, or it was co-incidental.

So far, these are my observations

My car is a 06/19 build date.

- No iOS Digital Key option in App (wasn't there before but was hoping it would come out with this update).

- Andriod Auto is present, but I don't use it, I have Apple devices

- Wireless Carplay dropouts behave differently now. It drops out still, but recovers within 10 seconds or so, then won't drop out for the whole journey (in areas it previously did). I think this means it's hopping Wireless Channels until it finds one it likes, the downside is that it doesn't remember and it happens again after the car is restarted.

- Having Apple maps directions in the HUD is cool, but who uses Apple Maps ... pretty sure the Trump Campaign did (hello 4 Seasons Garden Supplies) (Yes, I think Apple Maps is rubbish).

- Lowering my windows via voice command is quite funny

- I lost all of my Bimmercode changes, but it's not hard to put them back.

- "Hey BMW" works a lot better

What's missing (compared to 07/19 > cars)

Advanced Driving Assistant View

I had a loaner 330i for the day which was an 03/20 build car. It had the Advanced (Tesla Style) driving assistant display in the instrument cluster. This is a bit strange that it didn't activate in mine, given i'd hacked around it with bimmer code before and had it working on mine.

iOS Digital Key

I would say that BMW have only licensed (with their 3rd party vendors) vehicles manufactured after a certain date. The hardware for both features is present in cars since they started producing them in 2018, they just choose not to activate it.
Appreciate 0