View Single Post
      05-14-2019, 05:16 AM   #19
Muncher
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C, Mustang GT, BMW X1 F48

Lakin Plate for M2C

I said earlier I had a Lakin plate mount set on order - here it is. Usual high quality from Phil at Lakin. The rear plate mount is the same as the M2 so I don't feature that here. The front one, I did some measurements for Phil so he could fabricate a new mount for the different Comp front bumper.
Here is what we have. Note the gentle curve (see plan view) that is put into the plate bracket to fit the cure of the bumper.
You'll see the back of the plate mount features a rubber angle truss that sticks with 3m double sided tape to the bumper underside to give it rigidity.
Easy to fit - just find the middle, measure, measure, measure and drill two small holes for mounting the upper half of the plate mount to the bumper vertical face and WALA.
The little trusses are such that they result in a level alignment on the bumper and positions the plate bracket at about 10mm below the top of the bumper.
You will note in the corners there are the little nuts inserted in the aluminium. To mount the plate he provides the small allen key fastened grub screws. A really neat sleek fitting.
Cheers
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
APH45.00