View Single Post
      07-24-2005, 11:15 AM   #7
Weaselboy
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MythMaker
I heard the phone only allows one number per contact. So to have a mobile, home, and business number... you need to have three contacts. Most other phones group them, and so does outlook.
The phone will allow multiple numbers (work/mobile etc) for each contact, but if you set up your phone's contact list in that manner it will not lend itself well to operation with the E90 Bluetooth.

If you just set up one contact with multiple numbers in the phone, the phone book will copy over to the car and show the same contact name in one line entry for each number, but all with the same name. For example if you have "Bob" and a mobile, home, and work number in your phone (all under one contact name)... this will import three entries into the car. All will just list "Bob" and then the number. So if you can't identify Bob's work phone by recognizing the number on the E90 screen, you are sunk.

I found it works better to make separate entries in the phone for each number... ie. "Bob Work." This will import "Bob Work" into the E90 and you can see "Bob Work" on the screen. If you have voice command, it will also recognize "Bob Work."

This method also lends itself to storing you contacts on the SIM chip instead of the phone in case you change phones.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0