View Single Post
      12-05-2006, 08:52 AM   #1
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

Steptronic Dyno Issues = User Error ?

Did a "simulated" 4th gear dyno run in my steptronic e92 335i. I was able to do a full throttle 4th gear runout from 1300 RPM (~27mph) all the way up to 130mph when I ran out of road... but i beleive it was very close to redline. I am not sure why all the people dyno'ing steptronic 335i's are having downshift issues, the only thing I can do to replicate it, is if I push the kickdown button. Just dont hit the kickdown, and you will be fine. Edmunds/Shiv, not trying to say you don't know what your doing, but I just had to see this "limitation" for myself, and as I thought, it does not exist.

The only downshift limitations are if the car is going less that 20mph, it will downshift into 3rd, and less than 10mph it will downshift into 2nd... but 4th gear at 30mph is 1400rpm, so no issues there.

Simple answer, dont hit the kickdown button under the gas pedal. I have verified with several sources in the past, on this forum, and through other channels, that even without the kickdown, you are at 100% throttle.
Appreciate 0