View Single Post
      10-10-2007, 10:53 AM   #9
RMRC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg335 View Post
I was so pissed at the time it happened, but I do believe some red light flashed on the display for a moment and don't remember if the engine symbol stayed on.

Reb03, where do I buy one of those chips?
go to www.davisnet.com, click Automotive on top, click CarChip in the left margin to read up on it. I actually bought mine from a vendor on Amazon.com. You can also find them on eBay.

Quote:
I'll be at Willow Springs soon at the big track and will see what happens. In my other car I take turns 3-5 in second gear.
I also used 2nd gear in turns 3-4-5 (I think) but every time my car shut down I was in the fast turn 8-9 combo. I would get power back near the end of turn 9 or at the beginning of the front straight where I regularly saw 125mph.

Quote:
I guess a chip upgrade would help out in the torque departemnt and allow one to hold third gear without the need to downshift, but I am concerned that the extra boost will just make the problem worse when really pushing the car.
I'm considering the SSTT. I haven't heard of a single CEL or problem with this piggyback. Max boost is 11psi at sea level and I feel this is well within the acceptable reliability range of this engine...but who knows.
Appreciate 0