CruiseControl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 40iM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockguru View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdesign7 View Post
Just wanted to follow up on thread. This happened to me the other day. My phone and key were in my purse on the front passenger side. I do have auto lock on when you walk away. However, I put my daughter in her car seat in the back after I set my purse in the passenger side and shut the door. (I always do this) I went to walk around to the driver side and the door locked! It must have thought I walked away with the key. But not sure why it would lock if it doesn't sense a key. Wouldn't it just lock when it senses the key going away? THANKFULLY we were still in our garage and I had a spare key to unlock it. VERY dangerous.
I'm confused. If someone is sitting in the passenger seat, the car actually detects it so it doesn't shut down or lock.

Im actually worried about the battery drain as there are times I run into the store while my wife and kids stay in the car. The stereo will stay on even if I turn off ignition, open door and leave with the key.

I'm guessing it's a setting but my car won't sleep or lock if someone is in it.
If someone is sitting in the passenger seat, by design, iDrive will not shut down until their door is opened. iDrive will remain on and shutdown automatically after a few minutes, 15 I believe. At least this is what occurs when I remain in the drivers seat after turning off the ignition.
Appreciate 0